Senior Technical Accountant
Job posting number: #7216361 (Ref:10024803)
Posted: February 12, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sr. Technical Accountant
Join the transformative team atCity of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
This role will be a key member of the Enterprise Controller function. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and collaboratively with other teams in support of the different initiatives. An ideal candidate should possess great attention to detail, organized and working knowledge of US GAAP. This role will prepare financial reports filed by City of Hope, conduct quarterly reviews and perform annual audit process for the consolidated entity and its subsidiaries. In this role, the incumbent will collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure audits are completed timely. In addition, research and monitor new accounting pronouncements.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Perform annual year-end audits for the consolidated entity and its subsidiaries to ensure timely completion of deliverables to auditors, including tie out of footnote support schedules.
- Key role in the quarterly preparation of COH’s Management, Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and related unaudited quarterly financial statements, including tie out of support schedules.
- Research and monitor of emerging and newly issued accounting standards and the adoption and implementation of new accounting pronouncements applicable to City of Hope; Perform technical accounting research for significant transactions.
- Participate and collaborate with cross functional teams in driving business process improvements, bringing best practices to accounting operations; Collaborate on special and ad-hoc projects as directed by Enterprise Assistant Controller.
- Continue professional development – stay abreast of accounting developments with continuing professional education hours required to maintain CPA license;Complete the required mandatory COH trainings and assigned trainings
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Certified Public Accountant. Active license highly preferred.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $41.92 - $64.97 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.