Senior IAM Engineer - Remote
Job posting number: #7216360 (Ref:10024795)
Posted: February 12, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $60.19 - $96.31 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilitiesin Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
As a successful candidate, you will:
City of Hope is seeking a highly skilled Senior IAM Engineer to join our Information Technology team. The Senior IAM Engineer will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the identity and access management infrastructure, ensuring the security and integrity of our systems and data.
The incumbent takes a technical leadership role in the information security program by contributing to the development of an enterprise-wide IAM program, including policies and standards, life-cycle management and remediation, evaluation of new technologies, and contributes to security incident and event management. The incumbent takes a leadership role in supporting and assisting with coordination and implementation of all process and technical aspects of the IAM Program. The incumbent will present technical analysis and measures to executive management. Provide input into new security strategies and trends as well as measure and report on the IAM processes that affect the integrity, functionality, and reliability of the City of Hope’s security control framework.
IAM Solution Design and Implementation:
- Design, implement, and maintain IAM solutions to manage user identities, access privileges, and authentication mechanisms.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure that IAM solutions align with business needs.
System Integration and Optimization:
- Integrate IAM solutions with existing systems, applications, and directory services.
- Optimize IAM workflows and processes to enhance efficiency and user experience.
Access Control and Authorization:
- Implement and manage role-based access controls (RBAC) to ensure that users have appropriate access permissions.
- Conduct regular access reviews and audits to maintain a secure access environment.
Authentication and Federation:
- Evaluate, implement, and manage authentication mechanisms, including multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Implement and maintain identity federation solutions for seamless and secure access across systems.
Incident Response and Troubleshooting:
- Participate in incident response activities related to IAM, investigating and resolving security incidents.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IAM-related issues in a timely manner.
Documentation and Training:
- Create and maintain documentation for IAM processes, configurations, and best practices.
- Provide training and guidance to IT staff and end-users on IAM-related topics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; 4 additional years of experience plus the minimum experience requirement may substitute for minimum education
- Seven or more years in a technology related field, with a minimum of 5 years in Identity and Access Management specific experience. Hospital/healthcare industry experience is desirable, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Information Security tools, practices, policies and processes in a multi-vendor environment with an emphasis on risk analysis, risk assessment and risk management.
- Management/Computer Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (or within 12 months of hire)
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $60.19 - $96.31 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.