Animal Care Technician
Oklahoma City, OK
Job posting number: #7198484 (Ref:4831675)
Posted: December 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) is among the nation's oldest, most respected independent, nonprofit biomedical research institutes. OMRF is dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for human diseases, focusing on critical research areas such as Alzheimer's disease, cancer, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. OMRF follows an innovative cross-disciplinary approach to medical research and ranks among the nation's leaders in patents per scientist.
Located in Oklahoma City, a city that offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy, OMRF has been voted one of the Top Workplaces since the inception of the award. This achievement has been accomplished thanks to OMRF individuals who share a unified understanding that our excellence can only be fully realized with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
1. Performs basic animal care functions including daily health observations and cage changing.
2. Performs routine medical treatments under the direction of the supervisor and veterinarian.
3. Maintains a clean and safe working environment
4. Clean and sanitize assigned areas of facility per department SOP's.
5. Maintain quality control records.
6. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
7. Assist with monitoring facility environment, notify supervisor of any problems detected.
8. Carry out all duties in compliance with standards of oversight bodies (AAALAC, PHS, etc.) and department SOP's.
9. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Confidentiality of research needs.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have effective communication skills and good attention to detail. Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work independently as well as with others. Display industriousness, conscientiousness and dependability. The ability to be flexible and adjust to changing conditions/requirements is essential.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1655/animal-care-technician/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.