CLINICAL NUTRITION SUPPORT CLINICIAN
Job posting number: #7196850 (Ref:hlj_50860)
Posted: November 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
***$3K SIGN ON BONUS***
Responsibilities include management of parenteral and enteral nutrition for patients referred to the nutrition support team. The resource person on the Nutrition Support Team for nutrient requirements, the composition of food sources and pharmaceutical nutrition products. Follow the standards established by departmental policies and procedures (based on ASPEN guidelines). Provide care for inpatient and/or outpatient caseload. Weekend and/or holiday coverage if staffing needs warrant. Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team regarding the needs of the patient. Opportunities to contribute to presentations, publications, supervision of students/interns and execution of departmental education efforts.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Master’s Degree
- Previous clinical experience
- Experience on a functioning Nutrition Support Team
- Oncology experience
- Provide nutritional support to patients referred to the Nutrition Support Team
- Consider age appropriate needs when care is planned, delivered and evaluated
- Participates in interdisciplinary team planning and coordination of care
- Participates in meetings
- Completes documentation
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one(1) year previous clinical experience is required. Three(3) years experience on a functioning Nutrition Support Team is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Nursing
- Registered Dietitian
- LDN – Licensure within the state of Florida within 90 days of hire; temporary Florida licensure required if not currently licensed in the state of Florida
- CNSC – Certified Nutrition Support Clinician required
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.