SPVR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Job posting number: #7195418 (Ref:hlj_50747)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Environmental Services Department in multiple locations and/or campuses. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, counseling, disciplining, recommending Team Members for promotions, etc. employees. The Supervisor is responsible for the training and development of the Team Leads and Team Members to ensure they are performing at the highest level possible and attaining high quality cleaning standards consistently. The Supervisor must be able to adapt to changes and make operational decisions as well as be involved in higher level decisions affecting the department.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The Ideal Candidate will have healthcare cleaning experience and strong leadership skills
- Administrative - scheduling, counseling staff, project assignment and compliance, ordering, inventorying, and distribution of supplies and linen, interviewing, evaluating and selecting applicants for open positions, time/attendance validation and shift logs, approves PTO, maintains team member files, performs team member evaluations with recommendations for merit increases
- Quality Assurance - Conducts quality assurance inspections (visual and other) observations, cart inspections, and tracks team member progress
- Communication – Conducts weekly huddle meetings, trains staff, gives ongoing feedback on performance, responds to customer needs, and brings issues to resolution
- Leadership - Provides leadership for staff and ensures adherence to policies, productivity standards, and safety guidelines. Uses teamwork to help the department accomplish goals. Responsible for managing daily operations, problem solving, and properly allocating staff. Ability to engage team and foster a positive, caring, respectful, team building environment
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED with nine (9) years of environmental services or housekeeping experience (preferably in a hospital setting).
- BA/BS degree with five (5) years of environmental services or housekeeping experience (preferably in a hospital setting) Years of experience can be reduced by two (2) years with Moffitt related work experience.
- Five (5) years of environmental services or housekeeping (preferably in a hospital setting)
- Three (3) years customer service experience
- Two (2) years Supervisory or Project lead experience
- Valid Driver's License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.