RN AMBULATORY CLINIC
Job posting number: #7195415 (Ref:hlj_50753)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Cutaneous Oncology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida and widely regarded as one of the top advanced skin cancer programs in the country, providing a wide-ranging scope of preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic services in a single location.
Our Cutaneous Clinic cares for 100 patients daily who are seeking treatment for a confirmed diagnosis, or with suspected skin cancer conditions. Our team has extensive experience with biopsies and expedited on-site results processing. Surgical excision of tumors, including Mohs surgery, robotic-assisted lymphadenectomy and minimally invasive groin dissection for metastatic melanomas, and we offer on-site lab work processing to provide patients with prompt and accurate diagnoses.
Moffitt’s Cutaneous Clinic offers:
- Limb and liver perfusions
- Radiation therapy
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Systemic therapies including immunotherapy and targeted therapies
- Risk assessment and mole mapping services for high-risk individuals
Our Cutaneous Clinic is currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Oncology experience as a registered nurse
- Strong assessment skills
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.