Job posting number: #7195406 (Ref:hlj_50751)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center's Head and Neck Cancer Program is a uniquely specialized group offering individualized care for patients with malignancies of the head and neck. We have found that our patients are some of the most grateful folks you will ever meet! We are a very close team who value each other, respect each other, celebrate each other, and are here to support each other. We are committed to our patients AND each other.
We are currently looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to be part of our work family. This position offers the flexibility to be a 4 or 5 day/week role, Monday through Friday, no weekends, no holidays and no on call. If you are reliable, energetic and genuinely interested in making a difference in the Patient’s Journey, we hope that you will consider joining our team!
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Ambulatory Clinic/Physician Office experience
- Med Surg experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and reliability
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to patients, their families, AND the team
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
- Exercise clinical judgment and decision making. Recognizes emergencies and takes appropriate action.
- Collaborate with all team members to offer timely responses to the patient.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience
- Active FL RN License
- BLS Certification
- National Certification preferred, not required
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.