PHYSICAL THERAPIST I
Job posting number: #7195401 (Ref:hlj_50730)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Restores and maintains function, improves mobility, relieves pain, and prevents or limits permanent disabilities.
- Provides care for inpatient and/or outpatient caseload. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team regarding the needs of the patient.
- Opportunities to contribute to presentations, publications, supervision of students/interns and execution of departmental education efforts, etc. which will contribute to advancement in a clinical ladder.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- FL PT License
- One or more years of Clinical experience in an acute care hospital
- Complete evaluations and treatments of assigned patients in accordance to established standards of care and practice including selecting assessment tools, tests and measures, goal setting, etc.
- Accurately performs documentation on each evaluation and treatment session within the electronic medical record and accurately documents billing charges.
- Performs screenings for appropriate patients (May include Lymphedema, fall risks, need for rehab)
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Physical Therapy
- FL PT License, Temporary license accepted, but must pass licensing exam within 90 days of hire to continue employment.
- BLS Certification
- 1 year Clinical experience in an acute care hospital (experience during PT school will be accepted)
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.