PRN Speech Pathologist
Job posting number: #7195138 (Ref:ccf19469083)
Posted: November 18, 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Manager Rehab Services, the PRN Speech Pathologist is responsible for evaluating and treating patients, communicating to referral sources, providing daily documentation and marketing services.
- Evaluates and treats speech language pathology patients and communicates to referral sources about patient's initial condition, progress and discharge disposition.
- Completes patient related and non-patient related documentation in a timely manner.
- Delegates and supervises the patient care of support staff and students.
- Forms and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with patients and staff. Practices team work.
- Effectively organizes work assignments and time, without compromising quality patient care, to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Achieves personal and professional development through participation in continuing education, in-services, orientation programs, and student programs,
- Maintains an orderly and safe work environment. Keeps treatment areas and department clean and orderly.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Speech Pathology.
- Current license to practice Speech Therapy in Ohio. Certificate of clinical competency or working towards attaining competency as issued by ASHA.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous cooperative and respectful relations with patients and staff.
- Previous related experience preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.