Ophthalmic Assistant Non Certified ($2,500 Sign-On Bonus Eligible)
Job posting number: #7194124 (Ref:ccf19457606)
Posted: November 16, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world. Our Ophthalmic Assistants provide vision care under the supervision of a licensed ophthalmologist. We work together as a team to provide world class care for our patients. Our ophthalmology staff pride themselves on delivering specialized care to help patients preserve and refine their vision. There is always something new to learn with changes and advances in the field of ophthalmology. Your primary duties will include: •Performing routine screening tests. •Documenting patient information in the patient medical record. •Stocking, maintenance, and other related duties as assigned, including maintaining exam rooms, equipment, and supplies. The ideal caregiver is someone who: •Uses communication strategies to achieve desirable outcomes. •Is empathetic to the needs and concerns of patients •Has a minimum of 1-year experience in ophthalmology or optical. This field has many opportunities for advancement. You can begin your career as an ophthalmic assistant and through experience, education, and testing, you can advance to a certified ophthalmic technician, then a certified ophthalmic medical technologist. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Under direction of supervisor or physician receives and prepares patients for examination or treatment.
- Performs routine screening tests.
- Documents patient information in the patient medical record.
- Performs stocking, maintenance and other related duties as assigned, including maintaining exam rooms, equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the written exam for Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Recent graduate an Ophthalmic Technology Program (not yet COT certified).
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) by Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing direct patient care under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and PC.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.