ASC OR Nurse
Job posting number: #7193505 (Ref:ccf19437592)
Posted: November 13, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world. Our Beachwood Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) is a state-of-the-art facility where we provide world-class patient-centered care; and offer an extremely supportive and safe work environment for caregivers. As a Operating Room Registered Nurse in our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC), you will oversee the practice of nursing in the ASC. Caregivers in this position will establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other team members of the ASC. Your primary duties will include: - Assuming charge responsibilities and solving problems. - Developing education material and assisting patients and families. - Participating in the preparation for staff development programs. The Ideal Candidate is someone who: - Have strong critical thinking skills and decisive judgement. - Works well in a close-knit, teambuilding environment. - Can work under minimal supervision in stressful situations. - Has prior OR circulating and scrub experience. - Has a Registered Nurse (RN) license and a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. This position offers support through the certification process needed for the position. You will work closely with our supervisors and staff to help advance your career toolkit. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings.
- Directs other caregivers in providing patient care.
- Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems.
- Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse Manager.
- Develops educational material and provides health education to patients and families.
- Processes patients through the ASC.
- Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of resources to meet established patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission.
- Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the ASC.
- Participates in the development and utilization of quality monitoring programs within the ASC.
- Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining nursing competencies.
- Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational requirements within a defined time frame.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development programs. Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of set goals.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
- Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous, helpful manner.
- Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences that exist among people.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient, families and staff members.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6 months of hire.
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- For those caring for pediatric population, completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- One year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or critical care setting.
- Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for the one year clinical RN experience.
- OR scrubbing/ circulating experience preferred.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.