Registered Dietitian NE
Vero Beach, FL
Job posting number: #7193492 (Ref:ccf19437165)
Posted: November 13, 2023
Join Cleveland Clinic’s Indian River Hospital, ranked among the top 35 in Florida with over 2,000 employees to provide the finest care any hospital has to offer. Cleveland Clinic's Indian River Hospital has been combining world-class clinical expertise with compassion and technological advances for the past 88 years. We are looking for an Registered Dietitian NE to join our team of devoted caregivers. Within this role, you will coordinate, plan and conduct programs to work with patients, and their families. Interacts with patients individually and as a group. Develops educational materials for the program. The ideal future caregiver is someone who: - Has effective communication skills. - Has compassion and empathy in a patient-centered environment. - Works well independently and can multitask - Has an active Registered Dietitian certification. A caretaker in this position will have the ability and support for specialty certifications, career ladder/advance practice, continuing education opportunities, and more. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Provides direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy for assigned patient populations.
- Assesses patients for signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies and performs a nutrition-focused physical exam. Reviews the electronic medical record for the patient’s clinical condition. Evaluates nutritional needs, including calorie, protein, fluid and electrolytes; diagnoses and documents malnutrition; collaborates with providers to manage the nutritional needs of patients receiving oral diets, tube feedings and parenteral nutrition.
- Implements a nutritional care plan, communicates plan, establishes a follow-up system and maintains documentation
- Writes orders for diets, oral supplements and tube feedings.
- Provides counseling and education services to patients with disease processes requiring nutritional management
- Develops and contributes to Cleveland Clinic sponsored education programs for physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, students, peers and the public.
- Participates in program development designed to market and expand departmental services and generate revenue.
- Markets services to potential and current referral sources; develops and implements services in response to client needs and wants
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Represents Cleveland Clinic on nutrition related matters.
- Complies with all regulatory and professional organization standards including CMS, The Joint Commission and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Adheres to established policies and procedures of the department and Cleveland Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics or closely related field. Completion of a Dietetic Internship or Credentialed Program.
- Maintains current license to practice dietetics in the State of Florida (LD) and active certification as a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD/RDN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Dietitian in clinical nutrition.
- Successful completion of the Cleveland Clinic Dietetic Internship Program or equivalent may substitute for experience requirement.
- Ability to navigate extensively to provide services to a large number of patients throughout the hospital and clinic sites. Must have manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer entry and nutrition-focused physical examinations.
- Must have physical ability to measure and weigh ambulating patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.