Emergency Department Paramedic - PRN
Job posting number: #7193490 (Ref:ccf19436897)
Posted: November 13, 2023
- Maintains equipment.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness/injury and patient's history from available sources.
- Determines appropriate independent or collaborative response.
- Administers appropriate emergency medical care including life support procedures, decontamination protocols, obtaining EKG readings and vital statistics monitoring.
- May perform fluid/drug administration.
- Communicates with medical personnel at hospital.
- Reports or records observations.
- Follows directives until report and hand-off at hospital.
- Navigates ambulance to scene of accident in response to emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited EMS-Paramedic training program.
Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMTP) in the current State; Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) preferred.
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Current valid State Driver's License (VDL) preferred.
State licensure if required by state law.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- One year experience as a EMT-P preferred.
- Clinical experience through a EMS Paramedic Training program required.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.