Physical Therapy Assistant Licensed
Vero Beach, FL
Job posting number: #7193489 (Ref:ccf19437168)
Posted: November 13, 2023
Applies a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with functional limitations, impairments and disorders, working in conjunction with a Physical Therapist.
- Implements patient treatment following evaluations by a Physical Therapist with a thorough understanding of the procedures and goals.
- Discusses possible changes in the treatment approach with the supervising therapist and assists in the preparation of a new program.
- Assumes responsibility for the care, safety and well being of patients during assigned acts and observes all necessary precautions and procedures in the use of equipment to prevent the delay of the healing process or to avoid injuring patients.
- Provides appropriate documentation of each patient visit in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Maintains and cares for all equipment and apparatus.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the department and ensures economical use of supplies, linens and utilities.
- Provides appropriate billing of each patient visit in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Assists in the on-the-job training of ancillary personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree from an accredited school of Physical Therapy Assisting.
- Possess license as Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) in the state of Florida.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Internship experience required.
- Work is medium/frequent, lifting and carrying equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 pounds without help of mechanical devices or other personnel.
- Stooping, pushing, reaching and pulling when moving patients or equipment into position for treatment.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS OF POSITION: The occupant of this position spends 98% his/her time in air-conditioned areas, the remainder in outside areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood-borne pathogens is present while completing clinical duties.
- This position requires reasoning, mathematical and English language skills. Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests. Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively.
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities. Self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.