Postdoctoral Scientist - Bottini Lab - Division of Rheumatology / Kao Institute
Beverly Hills, CA
Job posting number: #7192086 (Ref:HRC1423900)
Posted: November 6, 2023
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? This is a great opportunity for you!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Principal Investigator, Nunzio Bottini, MD, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The Bottini Laboratory is part of our Kao Autoimmunity Institute. The Kao Autoimmunity Institute was established as a vital hub where investigators with expertise in clinical, translational and basic research can collaborate to advance our understanding of pathways to disease and disease expression. This can lead to the development of new therapeutic approaches to the treatment and, ultimately, the prevention of these autoimmune diseases.
Working independently but in close collaboration and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and sophisticated laboratory procedures throughout this training period. The incumbent may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation, and analyze the results.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Manages mouse breeding colony.
- Plans and manages the generation of genetically manipulated mouse models.
- Optimizes mouse genotyping protocols and performs and/or supervises genotyping of mouse models.
- Performs studies using experimental rodent models of disease.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Knowledge of rodent colony breeding and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of physiology and physiopathology of mouse and/or other rodents.
- Demonstrated experience with handling of experimental rodent models of disease.
- Knowledge of principles of genetic manipulation of mouse models.
- Knowledge of mouse genotyping methods.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Bottini Lab - Division of Rheumatology / Kao Institute
Department: Home Dept - Rheumatology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00