Postdoctoral Scientist - Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7191198 (Ref:HRC1423417)
Posted: November 1, 2023
Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) is a multidisciplinary basic, translational and clinical research program devoted to discovering the causes of inflammatory bowel disease with the goal of improved treatment approaches and prevention. Under the direction of Stephan R. Targan, MD, the institute is based on an integrated science model and is the overarching administrative structure of 10 distinct yet highly interactive components. A dedicated group of doctors, surgeons, investigators and physician-scientists works together to advance our understanding of, and treatments for, the full spectrum of inflammatory bowel diseases. To learn more, please visit F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
- Participate in TGG group meetings, IBD Institute conferences and journal clubs, and IBD Translational Informatics group meetings.
Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in an area directly related to the field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and the operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and must have the technical ability to operate mechanical/medical devices and/or equipment.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute
Department: Home Dept - Gastroenterology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00