Research Associate II
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7190742 (Ref:HRC1412760)
Posted: October 31, 2023
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional?
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Working alongside physician-scientists and researchers, you will be a part of life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skillful Research Associate II to join Dr. Andrew Hung’s lab.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science related field is required.
Experience and Skills:
- At least one (1) year of research laboratory experience in the area of research specialization is required.
- Two years research laboratory experience preferred.
- Understanding of general research objectives. Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job function
Working Title: Research Associate II
Department: Home Dept - Gewertz
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14