RESEARCH PROJECT MANAGER
Job posting number: #7183042 (Ref:hlj_49797)
Posted: September 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Research Project Manager works with the assigned PI and the research team working on the assigned projects/protocols. Job duties may include preparing documents for clinical/laboratory protocols, and assisting with the preparation and submission of manuscripts and grant applications.
- Develops, initiates, and manages protocols and oversees day-to-day study activities.
- Manages collection and tracking of data and biospecimens, working with collaborators to ensure timeliness and completion of related services.
- Database management.
- Oversees the work of all involved on two large grants to ensure that projects are on time and progressing as expected.
- Working with external sites to ensure consistency across multi-site studies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is professional, personable, organized, conscientious, can multi-task, and works well as a member of a team.
- Has experience with screening of study participants as part of multi-institutional research studies.
- Has experience with oversight of study protocol compliance.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is a critical, independent, and creative thinker.
- Oversees day-to-day study progress on ongoing studies.
- Works closely with the principal investigator and collaborators to perform research and related support activities including (a) development, implementation, and management of research projects; and (b) preparation of drafts of regulatory protocols and progress reports, manuscripts, budgets, and grant applications.
- Assists with overseeing the work of study staff and trainees.
- Data management and preliminary statistical analysis.
- Coordinates administrative tasks for the investigator including protocol amendment changes and preparation of IRB documents to send to the regulatory specialist.
- Working with internal and external collaborators to track and manage data, lab samples, and medical images.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Master's Degree required. MBA, MPH or MPH
- 5 years of experience working in project management, research, and or grant healthcare administration required.
- Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines.
- Must have good organizational skills and careful attention to details.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must have ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work assignments.
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment, communicating with others, and displays a high degree of competence, skill, creativity and independence of thought and action.
- Must have strong data management and overall computer skills are required.
- Experience working with computers and MS Office software environment.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.