Respiratory Care Limited Permit
Job posting number: #7180255 (Ref:ccf19117455)
Posted: September 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation. At Cleveland Clinic, you will receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world. As a Respiratory Care Limited Permit, you’ll work with therapists, technicians, nurses and physicians to meet our patients’ diverse and changing needs. You’ll help educate patients about respiratory therapy and perform: •Aerosol treatments. •Arterial blood gas (ABG) tests. •Metered dose inhaler (MDI) therapy. •Oxygen rounds. The ideal caregiver is hardworking and eager to learn the many duties and roles of a Respiratory Therapist (RT). You’ll gain valuable experience as you utilize the latest equipment and therapeutic techniques. You receive guidance and support from RTs practicing at the top of their field, preparing you for an exciting future as an RT at Cleveland Clinic. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Performs respiratory therapy assessment with the guidance of a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Provides basic respiratory therapy modalities to both adult and pediatric patients.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Attends in-service education lectures, programs, seminars and other educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively enrolled in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program or on the job trainee prior to 1986.
- After selection and placement into the position, six months of on-the-job training to become familiar with equipment, develop the ability to perform independently and learn additional responsibilities specific to the institution.
- Must possess a current temporary limited permit to practice Respiratory Care (RCLP-L1) in the State of Ohio.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred. Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Physical demands include the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time; having the ability to perform duties while walking, standing, stooping and lifting.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- Requires the ability to lift materials weighing 50 lbs. or more, push wheeled equipment, and assist in the lifting and repositioning of patients.
- Must have strong hand-eye coordination, full range of body motion and manual finger dexterity to manipulate equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.