Pediatric Clinical Speech Language Pathologist
Job posting number: #7180244 (Ref:ccf19121407)
Posted: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs diagnostic speech pathology test procedures and evaluates communication and swallowing function of patients. Interprets and reports test results to facilitate medical diagnosis. Provides counseling and education about communication and the diagnosis to patients and their families. Determines therapeutic plan, including need for therapy, frequency of treatment, focus for intervention, prognosis and duration of therapy.
- Selects assistive speech devices to improve patient's communication.
- Performs re-evaluation to determine progress after therapy.
- Provides observations about hearing and other behavior to help determine need for other services.
- Maintains records of all services.
- Communicates results and recommendations for improving communicative function to referral sources and outside agencies such schools and employers.
- Maintains speech pathology equipment and materials.
- Assists with planning, budget, service or project development, fee setting, purchase of new equipment or materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Must hold or be eligible for a Speech-Language Pathology License (SP) from the State Board of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology. Must hold (SP) license in current state upon start date.
- Holds Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Completed nine month Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to perform tests.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.