Childcare Attendant - Kidstyles
Job posting number: #7180234 (Ref:ccf19119443)
Posted: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Bath Health and Wellness Center and become part of a top healthcare system in Akron. This patient-friendly facility offers a variety of primary care, emergency care and specialty services along with Lifestyles, a medically based fitness program and facility. As a Childcare Attendant - Kidstyles, you will work under the direct supervision of the Manager of Center Activities/Programs to supervise children in the designated babysitting area while parents participate in programs, activities and services in the Health and Wellness Center. Our ideal future caregiver is someone who: • Works well with children. • Is safety focused, but still loves to have fun. • Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills. • Is patient. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Maintains all required certifications. Knows the Center's Emergency Action Plan for accidents and injuries, missing children, fire/tornado safety, etc. and demonstrates that knowledge during inservices and drills.
- Supervises children in the babysitting area ensuring the safety of each child. Maintains order and discipline by enforcing rules and regulations and using appropriate behavior management techniques. Eliminates all hazards creating a safe environment.
- Interacts with children, utilizing available resources to plan activities that meet their recreational needs and creates an atmosphere of FUN.
- Plans activities and prepares activity area prior to shift start (i.e. gets keys, prepares sign in sheets, puts clean sheets in cribs and changing table if necessary, gathers supplies needed, etc.).
- Performs daily duties including accurate record keeping, monetary transactions, implementation of activities, daily/weekly cleaning duties and care of equipment and supplies.
- Follows closing duty procedures ensuring that all equipment and supplies are wiped down and/or put away in their proper place, sign in and statistical reports are turned in, diaper genie is emptied properly, dirty sheets are taken to the laundry room, and that the room is clean and neat for future use.
- Promotes the departments programs and services and by establishing relationships with children and their families who frequent LifeStyles in order to generate maximum participation in LifeStyles programs.
- Attends and positively contributes in all mandatory meetings and inservices.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current infant/child Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Maintain current infant/child Basic Life Support (BLS). First Aid certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent communication skills. Possesses basic computer skills. Ability to work variable hours necessary. Possess professional attitude and demeanor.
- Three years of babysitting experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.