Postdoctoral Scientist - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7178749 (Ref:HRC1375369)
Posted: September 11, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai.
Principal Investigator, Peter Chen, MD is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The Chen laboratory studies a wide range of lung biology research using cell lines, small animals, and human specimens. The primary focuses are acute and chronic lung injuries. We want to understand the underlying pathogenic mechanisms of lung repairs in the acute models include acute viral and bacterial lung injury and the chronic bleomycin-induced lung model to study lung fibrosis. To learn more, please visit: Chen Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
In this role, the Postdoctoral Scientist will work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator as well as other research staff and scientists. This position will perform routine and intricate laboratory procedures throughout the training period and may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, and analyze and summarize data. This position is not dependent on generating independent funding but may assist in preparation of grant proposals. The incumbent will be encouraged to develop a project and generate results that lead to publications and presentations as author or co-author. This position is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Maintains appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with PI.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects crafted by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform experimental procedures including detailed data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge, analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment and safety standards.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read scientific papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job duties.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Chen Lab - Lung Institute
Department: Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00