Research Associate II/ Cheng Lab - Heart Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7177665 (Ref:HRC1031624B)
Posted: September 7, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working under direct supervision, as a Research Associate II, you will perform routine and increasingly sophisticated laboratory tasks and develops technical abilities in one or more areas meaningful to research projects. You will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, including; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. Will perform various experimental protocols to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. You will observe and follow safety standards, assist in preparing data for publications and/or perform presentations at scholarly meetings. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly sophisticated experimental protocols and procedures and help in the design of new sophisticated or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as the need arises by the area of research.
- Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation.
- Observes and follows safety standards and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences.
- Two (2) years of laboratory experience.
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Strong experience with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to work independently.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company departments and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to details.
Working Title: Research Associate II/ Cheng Lab - Heart Institute
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14