Research Associate II - Sati Lab - Department of Neurology
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7177664 (Ref:HRC1359328)
Posted: September 8, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional interested in being part of breakthrough Research?
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Cedars-Sinai is one of the leading institutes for driven research funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Principal Investigator, Pascal Sati, PhD is searching for a Research Associate II to join the team!
The Sati Laboratory focuses on the development of novel imaging biomarkers, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques, and artificial intelligence (AI) methods that strive to improve the clinical care offered to those impacted by neurological disorders. To learn more, please visit the Sati Research Lab.
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate member will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The incumbent will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and follow safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assists in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower-level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
- Organizes specific-site and multi-site data storage.
- Performs original neuroimaging processing and analysis.
- Performs high-performance cluster computing.
- Performs original statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Generates original research for publication and review.
- Presents original data at scholarly meetings.
- Provides educational and instructional support for clinician usage of data for analysis and publication.
- Assists other employees with lab activities.
- Coordinates with research IT to perform server analytics and methodology utilization.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science related field, required.
Experience and Skills:
- One year of laboratory experience, required.
- Expertise in neuroimaging research and statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in writing scientific manuscripts and presenting at conferences.
- Technical skills in programming and image analysis software.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Proven independent thinking and flexibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Position requires working with computers for extended of time and the use of specialized laboratory equipment. Must be able to sit, stand and/or stoop for long periods. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Sati Lab - Department of Neurology
Department: Dept Chair - Neurology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14