REGISTERED NURSE (Mott Childrens Hospital- Childrens Emergency Services)
Ann Arbor, MI
Job posting number: #7151326
Posted: May 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Children's Emergency Services (CES) is a primary entry point for children 0-20 years of age admitted to CS Mott Childrens Hospital, a verified Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and tertiary facility with referrals from across the state.
CES nurses partner with board certified pediatric emergency medicine faculty and pediatric residents to provide expert family centered care for over 27,000 children who present each year with injuries and illnesses across the range of acuity from minor to critical care.
The department provides CES nurses financial support for ENPC, ACLS, TNCC, PALS and CPEN as well as in-depth orientation and continuing education.
The Children's Emergency has been awarded the Lantern Award by the Emergency Nurses Association for safe practice and safe care!
For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.mottchildren.org/about-us/new_hospital.html
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
This is a fast-paced, challenging position in an academic environment fully committed to maintaining EXCELLENCE in family centered pediatric emergency care.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include:
* Providing safe and efficient nursing care to children of all ages and pediatric specialties experiencing an emergent or urgent situation.
* Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the pediatric emergency patient.
* Providing Patient & Family Centered Care through collaboration with all members of the health care team in order to meet complex care requirements of the emergency pediatric population.
* Demonstrates competence in the implementation of technical skills required for the care of the pediatric emergency patient according to UMHS policies, procedures, and standards.
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills as evidenced by the utilization of a rapid decision making process in emergency situations.
* Demonstrates full compliance with practices in documentation while providing pediatric emergency care.
* Assumes leadership responsibilities in teamwork and pediatric patient care delivery.
* Demonstrates awareness of the importance of research and evidence based practice in the care of the emergency pediatric patient.
* Identifies and assumes responsibility for one's own learning needs.
* Actively participates in quality improvement projects and initiatives related to the care of the pediatric emergency patient.
Nursing Specific Info
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Hourly range for Registered Nurses $36.10-$55.99 / hour
Evening Shift Differential- $2.55 / hour
Night Shift Differential- $3.40 / hour
Day Shift Weekend Differential- $1.75 / hour
Evening Shift Weekend Differential- $4.30 / hour
Night Shift Weekend Differential- $5.15 / hour
Charge Nurse Differential- $1.00 / hour
The benefit package includes:
Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
1 year (minimum 24 hours per week) current RN experience in adult acute care or adult ICU.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
Pediatric Emergency Department RN exp (in a Level One Trauma Center ED is preferred)
Charge Nurse and/or preceptor role experience
Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated effective organizational and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrated ability to make quick, accurate decisions.
Demonstrated personal and professional accountability