Paramedic - Life Support Team
Job posting number: #7151214 (Ref:ccf18487756)
Posted: May 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Navigates ambulance to scene of accident in response to emergency calls.
- Maintains equipment, restocks supplies and cleans ambulance as necessary.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness/injury and patient's history from available sources.
- Determines appropriate independent or collaborative response.
- Administers appropriate emergency medical care including life support procedures, decontamination protocols, fluid/drug administration, obtaining EKG readings and vital statistics monitoring in accordance to EMS protocols.
- Communicates with medical personnel at hospital, reports/records observations, and follows directives until report and hand-off at hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited EMS-Paramedic training program.
Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMTP) in the State of Ohio.
Current Basic Life Support Healthcare provider (BLS), Advanced, Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS).
Completion of a USDOT approved Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) course required within 6 months of hire.Current valid Ohio Driver's License (VDL).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an EMT-P required.
- Experience in larger metropolitan area preferred.
- Experience in emergency room, etc., or other critical care transport preferred.
- Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Frequently lifts and carries items weighing over 75 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.