PATIENT FLOW COORDINATOR
Job posting number: #7151042 (Ref:hlj_45966)
Posted: May 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza (MIP) is a 50,000-square-foot full service outpatient facility designed and equipped to provide the same level of cancer care we provide at our main hospital. Daily patient visits vary between 100 and 280 patients.
- Oncology physician office visits
- Infusion services
- Blood draw area and clinical laboratory
- Radiation therapy
- Radiology (PET, CT, MRI, Chest X-ray)
- Screening Mammography, Diagnostic Mammograms, 3D Mammography & Ultrasounds
- Rapid Response Thyroid Cancer Assessment
Our MIP location is currently looking for an empathetic and compassionate full time Patient Flow Coordinator to join our team.
- Coordinates the flow of patients through the building for their complete visit using customer service skills, critical thinking, and software/hardware systems.
- Works with various team members and I.T. systems to track and facilitate the movement of patients, in order to enhance the patient experience, prevent delays and provide direction and support.
- Provides front line customer service, oversight of clinic flow, aesthetics, and communications with patients, families, and team members.
- Works to achieve goals for patient wait times and patient and family satisfaction. Must have exceptional organizational, time management, communication, and customer service abilities.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with patients, guests, and team members, including volunteers. Must be able to maintain diplomacy and composure in stressful situations.
- Displays a high level of integrity, empathy, compassion, sophistication, and professionalism.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or skills:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- EMR knowledge
- Ability to manage change
- Experience in a high paced outpatient clinic
- Manage the flow of the patient utilizing multiple systems, using verbal and written communication and collaborate with all members of the team as patients move through the building.
- Verify patient identification, manage the self-registration kiosk process while adhering to Moffitt policies of confidentiality, privacy and corporate compliance.
- Monitor the patient through designated tracking software and hardware, using multiple systems and work with Information Technology to ensure that the systems are always operational.
- Work with patients, families, guests, and clinical support teams to prevent and communicate patient wait times and/or delays.
- Provide quality customer service by speaking clearly and maintaining a high level of customer focus.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of experience in the medical field
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.