Argonne National Laboratory
Job posting number: #7146893 (Ref:415907)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Works under the direction of the ASD Power Systems Group Leader to coordinate, plan, schedule, and oversee work performed by Power Systems Group technicians in the construction, testing, and maintenance of APS and APS-U power supplies. Provides technical guidance to technicians, and acts as a technical resource to staff in the Group. Works effectively as a team member with Group management and staff.
During the APS-U dark time, works as an SME (subject matter expert) to provide technical advice to the power supply removal and installation contractors.
- Supervises and coordinates technician effort necessary to build, install, and maintain power supply equipment.
- Works with the Power Systems Group Leader and staff to plan and prioritize technician activities, and to allocate resources to meet Group objectives.
- Provides technical direction for technicians and acts as a technical resource for staff in the Power Systems Group. Participates in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems with APS power supplies. Also provides technical assistance to other APS groups as necessary.
- Ensures that adequate quality control procedures are followed and that accurate records are kept.
- Assists the Group Leader in developing and tracking Power Systems Group budgets.
- Provides technical support for APS operations, including staff-on-call duties as required.
- Participates in APS and ANL safety programs and promotes a safe working environment for self and others. Ensures that proper safety equipment and procedures are used at all times.
- Extensive experience with ASP and ASP-U power supply equipment.
- Supervisory, communication, and project coordination skills.
- Judgment in assigning tasks and in determining project milestones.
- Knowledge of ANL policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with construction, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance of power supplies for particle accelerators.
- Role model Argonne’s Core Values.
- Understand, value, and promote diversity.
- Technical institute or AA degree and 7+ years experience, or equivalent.
Job FamilySupport Technical (ST)
Job ProfileExperimental Technical Support 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.