Instructor - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (BSLMC)
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7146827 (Ref:16000-en_US)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group's Woodlands North Houston Heart Center Cardiology practice is seeking to expand their APP team. They are seeking to add an outpatient APP. The position requires an acute care certification as a prerequisite.
The outpatient APP position will predominantly work in the outpatient setting (90%) though there may be up to 10% time in the inpatient setting as needed.
The ideal candidate will have cardiology experience as well as experience in both the clinic and inpatient settings.
Candidates with experience in Internal Medicine, ICU, Critical Care or Emergency Medicine will also be considered.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master’s Degree in Nursing for Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (CPNP-AC)
- Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-AC), and specialty certification as required by department.
- Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department or PANCE certification.
Experience Required: None Required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.