System Executive Director, HRIS & HRSS Ops
City of Hope
Job posting number: #7138539 (Ref:10021056)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $83.48 - $139.41 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
A thought leader who provides strategic leadership and innovative solutions to maximize the value of HRIS (HR Technology), Analytics, and HR Service delivery. This role will also be a key driver and stakeholder in the system-wide HR Technology strategy, design, implementation, and management to deliver operational excellence, strengthen risk mitigation and act as a key change enabler across the organization through people adoption methodologies.
The role will partner with the VP, Total Rewards, HRIS, and Shared Services Operations to develop the strategic direction and expansion of HR Shared Services delivery for the continued growth of the organization. The role will provide strategic consulting support and guidance, proactively serving as a trusted advisor in developing solutions through technology and processes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with HR leadership in the development of a HR technology and program roadmap to build on operational excellence and evolve the HR employee and candidate experience to deliver a dynamic, data-driven, personalized experience.
- Drive the strategy, due diligence, and implementation of HR systems and systems-related initiatives, including cross-functional solutions, leveraging standard methodologies influence and apply best practices and industry innovations across the business and technology landscape.
- Prepare business cases and needs analysis for the portfolio of applications in partnership with internal partners, providing technological advice and guidance in line with our overall strategy.
- Foster continuous alliances with IT, Finance, HR COEs, Legal, and other functions to build alignment in the assessment, planning, and execution of end-to-end solutions to enable HR and business objectives.
- Iterate and expand to build a comprehensive HR service center to develop consistent, repeatable practices in hire-to-retire and other important moments along the employee journey.
- Define exceptional service delivery and excellence to continuously improve core services with an emphasis on efficiency, agility, and compliance.
- Responsible for the overall project management function for HRIS/Shared Services; Providing leadership, coordination, strategic direction, and management of all PMO processes, governance, and functions.
- Strategically advise on project priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities.
- Partner in the growth and evolution of a robust analytics strategy and data insights. Present complex information, such as data-driven analyses and reports, methods, and other results in a logical and understandable format to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
- Develop and oversee key vendor relationships to optimize technology adoption, service quality, and value delivery in alignment with COH needs.
- Hire, mentor, and lead exceptional talent on the team with a passion to nurture learning, collaboration and growth in their careers; Create an inclusive culture that drives employee engagement and inspires team to perform at their best.
- Collaborates with IT staff to coordinate application of upgrades, changes or fixes.
- Stay abreast of market information regarding enabling technology, industry regulations, and operational best practices to benchmark and improve technology solutions, service delivery and the employee experience.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 12+ years of HR systems experience including 7+ years of management experience in the tech industry; minimum of 6 years of experience in system implementations and optimization initiatives for mid-to-large complex organizations (preferred technology (2 or more): Workday, Oracle, ServiceNow, Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Cornerstone, SuccessFactors, ATS, etc.).
- Proven experience in shaping and successfully delivering an HR Shared Services Operations strategy, transactional operations and deployment of service center technologies.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master’s Degree
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $83.48 - $139.41 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.