Research Operations Associate
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7136147 (Ref:15210-en_US)
Posted: March 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Scott Department of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX is seeking a Research Operations Associate. This position aids in the day-to-day operations of Dr. Lerner's bladder cancer research program. This individual will be responsible to oversee and manage program's operations to ensure that current and long-term business goals are met. The position will contribute to several outreach initiatives and collaborations with partners.
- Performs and oversees the daily operation of Dr. Lerner's research program.
- Coordinates quality assurance and safety programs.
- Establishes work plan and schedule for research projects.
- Performs inventory of lab equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the ongoing review and development of process improvements to maximize business productivity.
- Assist with regulatory activities that lead to timely regulatory submission.
- Assist with or manage special projects such as implement comprehensive plans to develop key external alliances.
- Present to relevant partners and community groups to expand awareness.
- Contribute to outreach initiatives, partnering with the Institutional Advancement office, and overseeing external communications.
- Assist with research write-ups such as summaries, proposals, and presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as a part of a team
- Understanding of medical terminology and standard clinical procedures and protocols
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds for a short period and capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Other languages is an asset
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.