SYSTEMS ENGINEER II
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7135622 (Ref:hlj_43993)
Posted: March 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides daily support in the execution of new design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Moffitt's systems and related technology infrastructure leveraged by Research, Business, and Clinical communities. This position will have a focus on (but not limited to) all aspects of design, implementation, and management of the Center's Storage/Backup, Virtualization, Server/OS, End-suer Computing, and LAN/WAN architectures. This position ensures optimal performance is maintained across Moffitt's production infrastructure; in addition to providing technical standards, operational procedures as well as performing root cause analysis after critical incidents.
- Project, Technical Strategies, and Business Understanding
- Problem-solving, Maintenance, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity
- Planning, Analysis, Teamwork
- Upgrade and Implement Systems
- Documentation, Organization
- Mentor, Knowledge Transfer, Collaboration
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree – Information Systems, Computer Science, Healthcare or related
- -OR- Associate’s degree with an additional four (4) years of relevant technology experience plus the five (5) years (for a total of 9 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a Bachelor’s degree.
- OR – High School Diploma with an additional five (5) years of relevant technology experience plus the five (5) years (for a total of 10 years) experience may be considered “in lieu” of a Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years proficiency in a systems/infrastructure engineering and/or technical infrastructure support role in storage, virtualization, LAN/WAN, end-user computing and/or server/OS platform administration.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency of at least two but not limited to the following:
- Managing SAN and NAS specializing in EMC environments
- Managing Backup, Archive, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Systems Engineering with Microsoft, Unix, Linux, and Cisco (IOS) operating systems
- Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory group policies, and desktop (end-user computing) engineering
- Virtualization platforms such as VMware and Citrix
- Citix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Citrix NetScaler/load balancing solutions
- LAN/WAN/SDN technologies
- Wireless technologies and mobiel presence
- Cybersecurity technologies specializing in NAC (Cisco ISE), DNA center, and Palo Alto NGFWs.
- Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, IBM Soft Layer, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vCloud Air.
- Managing enterprise DNS and DHCP environments
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.