MGR SAFETY & SECURITY
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7134555 (Ref:hlj_43907)
Posted: March 16, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Manages the department responsible for security, safety, and emergency management. The position is
responsible for developing and implementing the fundamental plans to ensure a safe and secure environment for all patients, visitors, staff and faculty employees. The security manager serves as an advisor to the Environment of Care committee and as records custodian for EOC records and minutes as well as JCAHO related documentation.
The Security Manager is the point of contact for the Hillsborough County Emergency Operations Center in the event of a disaster and represents the Center on the Hillsborough County Emergency Operations Hospital Subcommittee.
The Security manager frequently interacts with senior management in all environmental safety matters, disaster preparedness, as well as conducts administrative investigations as assigned involving internal and external background issues or violations of administrative policy. The Security Manager is responsible for the physical security of sensitive and personal health information as it relates to the HIPAA
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates work of reporting staff
- Hires and develops new employees and conducts performance reviews.
- Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Oversees the daily activities of the department, develops and implements short and long term plans designed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Implements and evaluates department goals and action plans to support the organization's vision, philosophy and strategic plan
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop and apply security strategies consistent with the identification of current security risks and threats and in line with regulatory and budgetary requirements
- Collaborates with Sr. Administration in the development and implementation of Security and Safety policies and procedures, the development and implementation of contingency plans and represents the department by actively participating on committees and community activities
- Ensures compliance with security standards and regulatory/accreditation agency requirements. Directs the security management plan at assigned facilities, as required by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organization (JCAHO).
- Provides expertise in health care security to support a safe, secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Performs security evaluations as required
- Oversees security functions of remote facilities, oversees monitoring of electronic access control, intrusioin detection, and fire systems
- Plan and implement emergency preparedness drills and exercises with hospital, city, county, regional and state representatives
- Serves as an advisor to hospital management on security management issues related to the physical facilities
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the Emergency Management Program and emergency preparedness
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ten (10) years law enforcement or security services experiences, to include at least five (5) years of management and/or supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency with common computer software (Microsoft word, outlook & excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business or related
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.