Per Diem - Radiation Oncology RN III - $2K Sign On Bonus
City of Hope
Job posting number: #7134546 (Ref:10020323)
Posted: March 16, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $49.37 - $74.05 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Provides Radiation Oncology nursing care to patients served in the outpatient clinic at City of Hope Community Practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides professional nursing care for the City of Hope Community Practices.
- Greets patients and escorts them to a treatment chair or bed
- Assists physician in preparing for minor procedures
- Provides general nursing care to patients; administers and controls narcotics, prescribed medications, in accordance with nursing standards.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician and records in EMR; administers prescribed medications as directed
- Updates patient chart utilizing EMR
- Oversees radiation appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls.
- Instructs patient and family regarding treatment medications, side effects and gives instruction on how to alleviate systems
- Telephone prescription requests to pharmacy or utilizes electronic transmission of prescriptions in EMR
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA, CLIA and COLA regulations
- Follows all OSHA guidelines to minimize exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Communicates physician referral requests to staff via EMR for necessary processing
- Ensures proper insurance authorization prior to treatment
- Performs patient education when appropriate
- Replenishes supplies, stocks and cleans radiation rooms and manages pharmaceutical supplies
- Oversees radiation room, including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental and infection control guidelines.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining patient confidentiality
- Arranges for all biohazardous waste pick-up
- Attends annual CPR, OSHA, CLIA and COLA training programs
- Attends all regular staff meetings
- Adheres to all documentation guidelines as instructed by Practice Administrator and Clinical Director and provides accurate documentation in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Clinical Director, Practice Administrator or the physician
- Utilizes leadership skills in overseeing and assisting other members of the health care team to prioritize and resolve issues
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriated care and positive working relationships.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills required for consideration:
- Must have an Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- 3+ years of experience as an RN
- Required Certification/Licensure:
- Must have current and valid California Registered Nurse Licensure
- Must have current CPR certification
- Two (2) years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
- One (1) year radiation Oncology
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- Preferred Certification/Licensure:
- ONS card or OCN
- Preferred Education
- BSN preferred
- Per-Diem position up to 2 (8hr) days a week
- Pay Rate: $51.83 - $77.75
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $49.37 - $74.05 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.