PATIENT NAVIGATOR RN
Job posting number: #7130965 (Ref:hlj_43903)
Posted: March 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is currently looking for a Patient Navigator RN to report to the Moffitt International Plaza Clinic.
- Patient Navigators are empowered patient advocates who provide individualized, coordinated, and compassionate care to patients, families, and care givers based on their needs and preferences.
- Patient Navigators will provide timely education and access to care while managing resources with an emphasis on collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team throughout all phases of the care continuum.
- Reviews External Records (pre-screens for Clinical Trial Enrollment, Coordinate’s Welcome Tour)
- Conducts Pre-Visit Assessment and Communication with Patients.
- Facilitates appointment scheduling and coordination of care, support services consultations, transition from diagnosis to treatment and financial assistance as needed.
- Establishes effective communication to facilitate an interdisciplinary approach to the total management of the patient.
- Provides patient education throughout diagnosis and treatment process.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to identified goals and documents the patient’s response to care, revising the plan of care according to the patient/family basic human needs and newly collected data.
- Communicates resolution of problems or suggests options for resolving problems to appropriate resource (e.g. PCM, Clinical Leader, AC, or appropriate committee).
- Proposes solutions and takes action to resolve identified patient-related and unit/clinic problems.
- Demonstrates awareness of cost factors in patient care and unit management and actively. participates in cost containment related to effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Provides suggestions into unit-based budget management at the clinical level.
- Participates in professional development per the established clinical ladder guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Oncology experience as a registered nurse
- Strong assessment skills
Credentials and Qualifications:
- ASN degree from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 5 years of nursing experience AND enrolled in an ACEN or CCNE accredited BSN program to be completed within 3 years
- BSN degree from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 5 years of nursing experience
- 5 years of nursing experience
- Florida RN License
- BLS Certification
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.