Research Coordinator III
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7127951 (Ref:15025-en_US)
Posted: March 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a talented individual for a full-time position to join our team at IQuESt- Center for Innovation Quality Effectiveness and Safety. This is a Research Coordinator III position supporting multiple projects within the Trautner research team. You will join a team seeking to improve clinical care for our patients at the Houston VA hospital through clinical research trials. Job duties involve coordinating day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. The research coordinator is responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance and organizing documents to prepare for study audits.
- Creates educational materials for staff reference.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for studies; explains process and procedures to educate participant
- regarding the research study.
- Liaise with clinical teams to recruit participants.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Corresponds with patients throughout study.
- Schedules research participants for tests and procedures specific for the research protocol.
- Assist with daily administrative tasks like preparing study materials, photocopying, organizing and filing documents, mailing study materials, working with confidential files.
- Assists with maintaining records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Collects bacterial specimens from the microbiology laboratory and transports them to Baylor College of Medicine.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for shipping.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Computer skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, Access)
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.