TECHNICAL DELIVERY LEAD BUSINESS AUTOMATION
Job posting number: #7117456 (Ref:hlj_42083)
Posted: December 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Technical Delivery Lead Business Automation
- The Technical Delivery Lead Business Automation will provide technical and professional leadership of a team of engineers, developers and analysts to design, develop, implement and provide support automated solutions used across the organization.
- The position will act as a lead solution architect across multiple automation tools and technologies including RPA, OCR and BPM platforms.
- In addition, this team provides technical coaching and support to an expanding Citizen Developer community.
- The Technical Delivery Lead Business Automation will report into the Director of Application Development and Business Automation within the Moffitt IT department, with matrix responsibility to Product Managers within the Digital Innovation department.
- Manage the design and implementation of automation solutions using RPA (e.g., Automation Anywhere), Workflow-Orchestration solutions (e.g., Pega), OCR (e.g., ABBY) and other automation solutions for both on-prem and cloud-based automations.
- Guide the Intake team to validate technical feasibility of automation opportunities; proactively assess technical challenges.
- Plan and lead technical readiness for automation solutions
- Guide technical design and coding via standards, guidelines
- Identify and mitigate risks for planned in-flight automation solutions
- Escalate risks to Automation COE program leadership proactively and manage issues in a timely manner
- Improve automation cycle time and reduce warranty/hypercare times
- Manage quality of simple but thorough automation technical design documents.
- Lead the creation and adoption of best practices in design, coding, technical standards, testing and deployment to enable each engineer to be self-sufficient and effective in the automation cycle
- Envision and guide development and maintenance of a reusable objects repository to enable faster automation cycles (code objects, code templates, technical design documentation, quick-automated testing approaches)
- Manage support of automations in production with inhouse or outsourced teams to ensure high availability of automations and consistent post-production savings delivery without disruptions.
- Work with the Automation COE leadership on annual forecasting for engineering resources, technology expenses for the year.
- Plans and manages within approved funding for the year, projects and associated staffing requirements. Responsible for planning and proactively forecasting needs for automation infrastructure requirements given delivery pipeline including items like virtual server/desktop environments, licenses.
- Responsible for reporting on planned vs actual variances to Automation COE leadership.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and supervise activities related to the design, development and implementation of software assets related to documented business, functional and technical requirements. Manage licenses and other related software needs (purchased, used and to be used)
- Track and monitor ongoing resource capacity and productivity levels through multiple means including sprint velocity and project level time tracking. Partner with project managers to monitor and update resource plans and forecasts.
- Work with Automation COE leadership to identify expectations of team. Provide professional leadership to direct reports including performance management through goal setting and coaching. Appropriately escalate issues impacting team moral or productivity. Effectively manage conflicts within the team or with matrix teams.
- Responsible for team adherence to organizational policies, ranging from corporate conduct, data security and application development, and mandatory trainings required by regulators and corporate sponsors.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree - field of study: Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology or related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in application development or automation development roles
- (5) years leadership experience as supervisor, manager, team lead, project or program lead is required. Managing RPA and/or Pega automations using an agile approach to delivery (may be inclusive of other experiences)
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on work experience, working with low code platforms including one or more of RPA (ideally Automation Anywhere or UI Path), Pega or similar BPM platform, OCR document management systems (e.g. Abby, Kofax)
- Minimum 2 years collaborating with business facing teams to finalize scope and timeline of automations for a technology (RPA, Workflow-orchestration or OCR)
- Experience or aptitude, passion for leading technical solution design and delivery, assisting leadership with technology (tools, architecture, solution) selection and implementation strategies for new technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of business challenges being automated by application of technology challenges to design automations creatively
- Demonstrated Problem-solving abilities, able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure, on multiple areas in parallel and in a fast-paced context
- Experience using Automation platforms like RPA, Pega to integrate with other systems using APIs [Java/ J2EE, Web Services (SOAP & REST), XML, JSON, JDBC, Smart on FHIR].
- Pega Certified System Architect (PCSA)
- Pega Certified Business Architect (PCBA)
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.