Supervisor Program Support
Job posting number: #7117455 (Ref:hlj_42097)
Posted: December 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Program Support Supervisor – GU Oncology & Anesthesiology
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Based in the GU Oncology Program Administration Department & Anesthesiology Program Administration Department, the Program Support Supervisor provides support and assistance to the Program's / Division's management team for administrative and program office operations.
- Acts as the primary contact to support staff for daily operations.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of staff and activities within the program / division, to include hiring, operational orientations and performance appraisals; assists the administrator with efficiency and re-engineering studies; other projects as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Dedicated professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class service in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, and a knowledgeable, solution focused professional who maintains positive working relationships with both Faculty and team members.
- Supervision of Administrative and Program Office Support Staff.
- Administrative and Projects Support for two Department Administrators.
- Monitors and ensures high level of productivity all Support Staff in Program Office.
- Planning and Development of various projects, initiatives, and other departmental and organizational activities.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare, business, finance or other related field with minimum three (3) years' relevant experience in an office, academic or healthcare setting, and one (1) year demonstrated supervisory experience; experience in an academic or medical center preferred.
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, a combination of a high school diploma and four years' experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of medical office processes and work flows and advanced MS Office applications; i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and office organizational procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent problem-solving skills; ability to apply instructions to assigned activities; work independently with little instruction.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.