RN SPECIALTY TEMP
Job posting number: #7111554 (Ref:hlj_40650)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is a Contract or a Time limited position for a minimum of 13 weeks contract and extendable with notice. This position will pay $80.00 per hour with no benefits.
The RN Temp Specialty position is dedicated to providing coverage for our ICU unit when a regular staff is scheduled off for a day or number of days in order to ensure that our patients continue to receive the care and service they deserve and have come to expect.
· RN Temp Specialty Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
· RN Temp Specialty Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
· RN Temp Specialty Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
·The ideal candidate will have experience as a registered nurse in the following:
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Room
In addition, the ideal candidate will have flexibility to work assignments and able to adapt to a changing environment. Have good time management skills.
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice.
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient.
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice.
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience
· Active FL RN License
· BLS Certification
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.