ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS TECH I
Job posting number: #7111550 (Ref:hlj_39960)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A few reasons why to join our Moffitt Team....*$250.00 Sign on Bonus*
- One of the BEST Employee Referral Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave and other Leaves
- Education Assistance
- And many, many more....
- Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor the EVS Technician I is responsible for disinfecting areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and infection as well as providing an environment that appears clean, fresh and polished
- This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
- Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms, nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
- Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
- Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
- Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
- Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
- Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles,keeping an organized cart,etc.)
- Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
- Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
- Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
- Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
- Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
- Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- 6 months healthcare/environmental experience OR 6 months service/hospitality related experience
- Please note, an additional 6 months healthcare/hospitality/customer service experience may be considered on top of the 6 months experience required for a total of 12 months may be considered in lieu of a HS Diploma or GED
OR Completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center may also be considered in lieu of both the six (6) months of experience and HS diploma/GED
- Ability to follow basic oral/written instructions in English (for the safety of our patients and staff in an emergency situation)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.