Software Systems Engineer
Job posting number: #7108028
Posted: August 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
The Intelligent Systems Division of the Virginia Tech National Security Institute (VTNSI) at Virginia Tech is looking for a driven and hard-working engineer with interest and experience in modeling and simulation of systems.
● Refinement and management of the Mission Aware meta-model to align with future cyber resilience research, such as SysML v2, standardization and Digital Engineering (DE) trends
● Definition and refinement of case study model-based systems engineering (MBSE) system models
● Generation of tooling in support of documentation and training for cybersecurity, MBSE and DE processes and methodologies
● Support for research reports, presentations, and conferences
● Bachelor’s Degree or Master's degree in a related field such as systems engineering or computer science with significant professional experience.
● Due to the nature of the work, the position is restricted to U.S. Citizens.
● Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
● Experience with SysML or other MBSE environment or with discrete event simulation
● Experience managing the transition of software from development into production environments
● Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in executing research and/or development projects
● Experience with Rapid Prototyping
● Experience with Meta-Models, Ontologies Data Modeling, or Systems Models
● Interest and/or experience working effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
● Experience working in an academic environment
● Experience executing on research and/or development programs supporting the federal government