Technology Support Specialist
Job posting number: #7108025
Posted: August 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition Summary
The IT Support Technician reports to the Helpdesk Manager and provides timely delivery of quality technical support and excellent customer service to internal and external customers
• Diagnoses, documents, escalates, and resolves IT support tickets
• Provides support for AV classroom technology and on-campus events
• Ensures customer service is timely and accurate
• Improves customer support by following up with customer queries and complaints
• Follows ITIL best practices throughout the entire technical support process
• Provides reports as requested by the Helpdesk Manager
• Provides support for major IT projects across campus, including hardware and software deployments.
• Executes IT project related tasks
• Creates and maintains IT support documentation
• Evaluates new products or services and suggests enhancements
• Performs other related duties as assigned
# of Direct Reports 0
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• 1-3 years of experience in a related position.
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Exhibit a problem-solving attitude and high quality technical skills
• Knowledge and understanding of University organizational goals, objectives, policies and procedures
• Ability to instruct non-technical users
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High comfort level in using technology to optimize workflow and business processes
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
• Evening and weekend work may be necessary during peak times including the start of the academic semesters and work on IT projects
• Local travel may be required to satellite campuses.
• Responsibilities include frequently moving equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds across campus.
Special Instructions to Applicant
The La Salle IT department seeks individuals who are passionate about helping others with technology, collaborating with a team, and providing good customer service to a variety of constituents.
We embrace diversity and seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
La Salle University offers its eligible employees comprehensive medical and dental plans, employer paid life and disability insurance, retirement benefits, generous paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and holidays), and tuition benefits such as no cost undergraduate and graduate degree programs for its employees (with no wait period) and no cost undergraduate degree programs for its employees’ dependents (after completing the required years of service).