Pharm Care Research Technician
Job posting number: #7107467 (Ref:ccf16420098)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the IDS pharmacist.
- Monitors ongoing studies to ensure that each patient receives the required dosage.
- Acts as a liaison between the Department of Pharmacy and research nurses to achieve study objectives; maintains all records relating to studies.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) verified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Upon hire, registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy is required within 6 months.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Two years experience as a Pharmacy Technician at Cleveland Clinic.
- At least three years of experience in a related field may substitute for Cleveland Clinic experience.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing, reaching, stretching, and sitting for prolonged periods; manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer, dispensing, compounding, and IV functions of the job; ability to lift up to 20 lbs. while walking, stooping, bending, and reaching; ability to transport 240 lb. cart.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.