Specialist Organ Preservationist
Job posting number: #7107466 (Ref:ccf16419044)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Assists physician in the preservation and evaluation of organs for transplantation. Maintains laboratory environment and supplies. Assists with related research projects.
- Prepares equipment, solution and drugs for harvesting, preservation and transplantation of organs.
- Assists the operating room staff as necessary before, during and after donor organ recovery procedures, as well as during organ transplant procedures.
- Assists physician with organ harvesting, organ packaging and labeling and with organ transport from out of state or to other local hospitals as required.
- Coordinates with the Transplant Center and OPO to ensure the receipt of donor organs from an outside institution is conducted according established regulations.
- When indicated, prepares organs for perfusion.
- Evaluates the suitability of organs during preservation for transplantation.
- Monitors the preservation parameter during perfusion preservations by recording pressures, flows and taking samples for other test.
- Assists physician with bench surgery.
- Ensures cleanliness of Organ Preservation Lab.
- Maintains supply inventory, orders and stocks appropriate supplies. Ensures Organ Preservation Lab equipment is optimally maintained and arranges for repairs/replacements as applicable.
- Assists in organ preservation research studies as applicable under the direction of the Principle Investigator and his/her team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED. Medical related certificate preferred (Paramedic, Medical Assistant, Surgical Tech, etc.)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully work in a stressful environment.
- Recent healthcare related experience preferred
- Manual dexterity to use surgical equipment and to assist with surgical procedures.
- Normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to be on call on a regular basis on weekends and during the week.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.