Interventional Vascular Technician
Job posting number: #7107359 (Ref:ccf16412852)
Posted: August 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides technical assistance in performing diagnostic and interventional procedures. Acquires all imaging and post processing of images. Adheres to all state, local and federal licensing regulations. Provides emergency on call assistance.
- Utilizes sterile or aseptic technique to scrub in and perform vascular, interventional and surgical procedures per protocol.
- Establishes effective working relationships and utilizes a team approach to process improvement.
- Performs duties in instances where normal, routine practice cannot be applied, often in high stress situations.
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients safety and comfort during and after exams.
- Sets-up or operates injector to administer contrast agents for procedures.
- Manually injects contrast agent if no pressure injector is utilized.
- Operates ancillary equipment adherent to specific procedures.
- Checks and prepares patient prior to Vascular-Interventional study.
- Screens patients for ability to undergo procedure by understanding baseline lab requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of primary purpose of drugs used in IR, indications, contraindications, contrast drug interactions and major effects.
- Positions patient to obtain radiographic exposure, adjusts exposure factors and processes images.
- Adapts imaging and therapeutic procedures with professional judgment to improve diagnostic quality and therapeutic outcome.
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports malfunctions to help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Records and maintains procedural data to include injection data, elapsed fluoroscopic time and procedural information.
- Provides after hours standby call in service.
- Monitors equipment, systems, cleans equipment and effects timely repair.
- Teaches and instructs students and new hires.
- Learns new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing. Certification in Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiography: R.T.(R)(CV)(ARRT) or Vascular-Interventional Radiology: R.T.(R)(VI)(ARRT) preferred.
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of radiologic physics and computerized vascular equipment, so as to safely inject and image human vascular anatomy.
- Thorough knowledge of vascular anatomy and pathology sufficient to apply to interventional and diagnostic exams.
- Must be knowledgeable of sterile technique with ability to create and maintain sterile environment.
- Ability to function well with minimal to no supervision, especially during after hours call-in emergency service.
- Minimum one year experience as radiologic technologist preferred.
- Preference given to previous experience in high volume angiography department.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.