Job posting number: #7107355 (Ref:ccf16410617)
Posted: August 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides individualized medical nutrition therapy, education and counseling to patients. Works collaboratively with other health disciplines and departments to optimize nutrition care and patient experience.
- Provides direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy for an assigned patient population.
- Provides counseling and education services to patient with disease processes that require nutritional management.
- Implements a nutritional care plan, communicates plan, establishes a follow-up system and maintains documentation.
- Writes changes for diet orders; initiates nutrient intake assessments; assesses patients for signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies; evaluates appropriate fluid and electrolytes; reviews laboratory and clinical progress notes; informs physicians of patients' nutritional status and need for changes in diet, enteral or parenteral feeding; develops care plans, documentation and reassessments.
- Coordinates efforts of dietetic technician assigned to area.
- Develops and contributes to Cleveland Clinic sponsored education programs for physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, students, peers and the public.
- Creates and revises education materials related to disease management through medical nutrition therapy.
- Participates in program development designed to market and expand departmental services and revenue generation.
- Markets services to potential and current referral sources; develops and implements services in response to client's needs and wants.
- Actively contributes to departmental initiatives, including committees and projects.
- Supports the dietetic internship program as a supervised practice rotation preceptor and class instructor.
- Completes reports for ongoing productivity tracking.
- Participates in professional growth activities; attends and contributes to conferences and seminars on nutrition and related topics.
- Represents Cleveland Clinic on nutrition related matters.
- Conducts clinical research. Utilizes clinical software applications to facilitate care.
- Complies with all regulatory organizations including CMS, TJC, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and policies and procedures of the department and Cleveland Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics or a closely related field.
- Maintains current license to practice dietetics in the current state (LD) and active certification as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Dietitian in clinical nutrition preferred.
- Successful completion of CCF Dietetic Internship Program may substitute for experience requirement.
- Ability to navigate extensively to provide services to a large number of patients throughout the hospital and manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer entry.
- Must have physical ability to measure and weigh patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.