Point of Care Specialist
Job posting number: #7107353 (Ref:ccf16410619)
Posted: August 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Coordinates and ensures compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies (e.g. CAP, ODH, TJC, OSHA, etc.) for the Point of Care Testing programs in assigned area. Implements the standardized Point of Care program. Implements and maintains the RT-PLMI Quality Management System, utilizing recognized principles of quality assurance. Collects and reviews quality metrics to ensure regulatory compliance. Analyzes data and prepares reports. Reviews and evaluates compliance gaps and implements process improvements. Interacts with local Point of Care testing personnel and program point person(s). Acts as a Point of Care compliance educator and consultant to clinical operational staff.
- Manages the Point of Care testing programs in assigned area.
- Facilitates and manages the initiation of new programs.
- Identifies existing Point of Care Testing programs system wide and implements consolidation and standardization strategy goals as directed by the Point of Care Medical Director and the Point of Care Manager.
- Collects quality metrics, reviews findings, and identifies gaps and risks.
- Implements process improvements to mitigate risk.
- Monitors quality control records and reviews for trends.
- Conducts audits and mock inspections to ensure compliance and accreditation readiness.
- Prepares for and participates in accreditation inspections/surveys. Develops action plan/response to deficiencies.
- Manages accreditation and compliance activities i.e. qualification documentation of testing personnel, training records, competency assessment, proficiency testing surveys, CAP test activity list, Lab Director sites visits, instrument verification/correlation/calibration verification, test procedure development/revision/review, etc.
- Acts as a Point of Care compliance educator and consultant to clinical operational staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Medical Technology or equivalent required.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences and Medical Technology preferred.
- Must be licensed in all areas - the State of Florida at the technologist levels and Supervisor' s level preferred
- .American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification is preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Managerial Responsibilities: Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- A minimum of three (3) years clinical experience.
- This position involves turning, stooping, bending, stretching, walking and standing.
- The average amount of lifting is 10 pounds with occasional carrying of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Sitting for short periods of time, the ability to file, move records, laboratory supplies, and equipment are also required physical duties.
- Communication by means of the spoken, written and typed word is required.
- Work requires finger dexterity and eye hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests; ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Special Demands: Use of personal protective equipment is required as there is a potential for exposure to biohazardous or infectious agents when drawing and processing specimens.
- Confidentiality: The employee has access to the entire medical record for the purpose of charting and correcting laboratory results AND review of physician orders.
- The access is limited to the amount reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose of the laboratory testing request.
- The disclosure or requests that occur on a routine or recurring basis include patient demographics, condition and laboratory results.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.