Cardiac Sonographer ($5K Sign On Bonus Eligible)
Job posting number: #7103595 (Ref:ccf16074193)
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography or Vascular Technology, or graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program).
- New hires must obtain the Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) credential from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or the Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) credential from Cardiac Credentialing International within one year of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of m-mode, 2D and Doppler calculations and cardiac hemodynamics.
- Familiar with computers and ability to learn related programs.
- Graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program); and/or two years full-time echo experience.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; must lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to assist with transport of patients, i.e., pushing beds, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Requires the ability to maneuver equipment and motor coordination to operate equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
keywords: sonographer, ultrasound tech, cardiovascular tech, vascular tech, vascular technology
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.