Job posting number: #7103593 (Ref:ccf16074844)
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Assists surgeon and/or senior resident in thoracic and cardiovascular surgical procedures.
- Assists the surgeon during coronary anastomosis, implantation of prosthetic valves, resection of aneurysms, etc.
- Functions as the surgical scheduling officer for the Department.
- Reviews preoperative patient data with each staff surgeon.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current state licensure.
- Registered Nurses (RN) must have Certification as a Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) and completion of the Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA) course.
- Certified as RN First Assistant (CRNFA) is preferred or a Master of Science Nursing Degree.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum one year operating room experience.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision to normal range.
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.