Registered Pulmonary Function Technician
Job posting number: #7103592 (Ref:ccf16074196)
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs ordered pulmonary function and pulmonary stress testing.
- Performs and analyzes quality control data, performs advanced invasive or noninvasive protocols, and designs and performs investigatory protocols.
- Manages the Pulmonary Function Laboratory, including scheduling and ordering supplies.
- Facilitates services for home care patients.
- Prepares, maintains and calibrates pulmonary function testing equipment.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies used for testing.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and reports needed repairs/replacements.
- Provides educational in-services to staff, advanced practice nurses and physician assistants.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program or a Cardiopulmonary Technologist training program.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialed by the NBRC, Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) License, Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience in spirometry testing, lung volume testing, diffusing capacity testing, arterial blood gas sampling and analysis, cardiopulmonary stress testing, and lung compliance testing.
- An additional one year of experience may offset the training program requirement.
- Ability to administer six minute walk tests at a pace of at least 3.0 mph (average walking speed), ability to move K cylinders onto dollies, ability to change gas cylinder regulators with a wrench and ability to lift boxes up to 25 pounds in weight.
- Ability to perform pulmonary function tests for demonstration purposes and for the collection of biological control data for QC purposes.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Provides diagnostic evaluation of pulmonary function in patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.